Congratulations on gaining admission to UC Davis! We applaud your hard work towards this important milestone and would be honored to have you as a UC Davis AvenueE community member. AvenueE is a community of support for engineering and computer science transfer students. We work with you to ease the transition from community college and connect you to information, resources, and supportive individuals that will help you make the most of your undergraduate experience.
If selected for participation in AvenueE, you will begin your journey with Transfer Bridge, a two-week transition experience before the start of the academic year. During Transfer Bridge, you will connect with a cohort of transfer students before starting your first quarter at UC Davis. Together, you will participate in academic enrichment activities, access a broad range of mentors, receive educational guidance and professional development, and participate in community-building activities that will strengthen your familiarity with the UC Davis community.
Following Transfer Bridge, AvenueE continues throughout the academic year with the following Participation Expectations:
- Engage in weekly connection meetings during your first year at UC Davis and monthly connection meetings during your second year.
- Maintain good academic standing
- Meet quarterly with the program advisor
- Maintain ongoing communication with your assigned industry or faculty mentor industry or faculty mentor
- Benefit from academic support services such as tutoring, resource sharing, and targeted academic advising
- Reach out to instructors, counselors, and AvenueE staff about challenges that may impact your academic success
- Apply for Financial Aid by completing the FAFSA or Dream Act application by the deadline, and actively applying for scholarships.
To be considered for AvenueE, you must apply by May 19, 2024. Click here to apply.
A strong candidate application will include:
- Meet all eligibility criteria
- Provide thoughtful and well-written essay responses that discuss how participation in AveneuE will support degree attainment and commitment or leadership potential to impact the participation of women and underrepresented groups in Engineering and Computer Science and demonstrate extracurricular involvement
Please contact AvenueE@ucdavis.edu, if you have questions related to AvenueE and/or the application process.