Congratulations on gaining admission to UC Davis! We applaud your hard work towards this important milestone and would be honored to have you as a member of our UC Davis AvenueE community. AvenueE is a supportive transfer student community for engineering and computer science majors. We work with our students to ease the transition from community college and introduce you to information, resources and supportive individuals that will help you make the most of your undergraduate experience.
If selected for participation in AvenueE, you will begin your UC Davis AvenueE journey with Transfer Bridge, a two-week transition experience prior to the start of the academic year. During Transfer Bridge, you will be connected to a cohort of engineering and computer science transfer students prior to starting your first quarter at UC Davis. Together, you will participate in academic enrichment opportunities, have access to peer, industry and faculty mentors, receive academic guidance and professional development, and participate in community building activities that will strengthen your familiarity with the UC Davis community.
Following Transfer Bridge, AvenueE continues throughout the academic year with the following Participation Expectations:
- Participation in weekly connection meetings during your first year and monthly connection meetings during your second year.
- Participation and involvement in at least two additional program activities each quarter (workshops, community meetings, tours, events, etc.)
- Maintain good academic standing
- Meet with the program advisor at least once each quarter
- Maintain regular contact with your assigned industry or faculty mentor
- Utilize academic support services such as tutoring, resource sharing, and targeted academic advising
- Inform instructors, counselors, and AvenueE staff of challenges impacting your academic success
- Apply for Financial Aid by completing the FAFSA or Dream Act application by the deadline, and actively applying for scholarships.
To be considered for AvenueE, you must apply by May 21, 2023. Click here to apply.
A strong candidate application will include:
- satisfaction of all eligibility criteria
- well written and thoughtful essay responses that demonstrate a student’s commitment or leadership potential to impact the participation of women and underrepresented groups in Engineering and Computer Science and discuss the experiences that have led you to pursue engineering or computer science
- a review of extracurricular involvement
Please contact AvenueE@ucdavis.edu, if you have questions related to AvenueE and/or the application process.